Thursday, August 18, 2011

That Kid

I feel bad for any kid that we have (either through fertility treatments or adoption) b/c let's face it, the bar has been set really high. After everything we have been through, are going through and will go through to add one more to our family, this kid better make us proud, do well in school, make good life choices, go to college, and be a responsible, respectable adult or heads will roll.

Josh and I were talking the other night that if the child ever tells me "You don't love me" that he will probably have to restrain me from physically attacking him or her. And you know what, he is right. There would definitely be some "slappage" going on in that situation.

Honestly, I hope we have a healthy child but I also hope I never forget all these feelings and emotions I have right now regarding having children. I think it will make me a better mom for going through everything I have.

Also, we will have a girl. Why? B/c that is just how our life goes. And she will test our patience on many occasions.

7 comments:

  1. New follower here =) Thanks for your comment on my blog! I really hope you get your miracle soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never forget how you are feeling now.

    It will help you keep you patience later on when u want to choke them!
    :)

    ICLW #111

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI from ICLW!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog... "supposebly" is pretty aggravating to me too...the other one is "expecially" grrrrr!

    We will probably also have a girl, why? B/C I'm a b*tch.

    Best wishes to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my girls test my patience on many occassions! Love this post and LOVE your font! I wish I knew how to change mine! Stopping by from ICLW! (#52)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to joke that I would be the most awesome mom because I had all this time to think about what I would do and how I would parent, and how this child would have every hope and dream pinned to him/her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man, my post IF baby is a wonderful, fabulous handful. Not too long ago, he got really pissed off at me and told me "You're not my mommy anymore." I just laughed at him and told him that it was too bad because he was stuck with me...and it just made him angrier.

    ICLW #19

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trust me - boys test patients too!! ESPECIALLY little ones who are to damn cute that they make you laugh when you should be mad and the teenage ones that think they know everything... I have both ... and an evil little 9 year old too... I think he's become a kleptomaniac ... heehee... love them to death though. 10+ years of infertility and 14 miscarriages ... and I still hear the dramatic "you don't love me" from the 9 year old drama king, the "I can't wait to move out" from the 15 year old who thinks he's going on 25...all because we won't let him do something... and the toddlers who were just jumping on my bed dispite my "NO NO" ... they were unheard with the gaggle of giggles ... lol, your kids will misbehave and you'll love it ...

    Happy ICLW from # 86 <3

    ReplyDelete