Monday, August 22, 2011

"That is a beautiful uterus"

Well in full Kelley fashion, I started spotting Friday after the RE's office closed. I tried to call twice to see if I could get a live person, no luck. I could feel myself going into panic mode. What if I can't get through tomorrow and Monday is too late, what if I have to get baseline sonogram tomorrow or this cycle will have to be cancelled. But I didn't allow my mind to go there, it would work out the way it was supposed to. So I set my alarm for 8am Friday morning to be the first jolly infertile to call in to tell them I have started my period. I always get confused on what to call my first day of my cycle. I have always said the first time I see blood when I wipe (or shove the toilet paper up there to be sure - all my fellow infertiles knw what I am talking about!) I have started. Even though, I may not even need a pad that first day, I call it day 1. You would think I would know better, that the first day of your cycle according to the RE is the first day of a steady flow. But in my spaz nature, I start thinking well what is a full flow? I know what I think it is but is my RE referring to something different. Once again, I calmed myself down and said "quit overthinking it"



Everything worked out and I made an appointment to go in today at 8:45. I went in, handed over my cashiers check for a baby (they will not take checks or debit or credit cards so I was not able to earn any airline miles off this - LAME!) and Dr. L did my baseline sonogram. Before he put the wand in he told me again that the embryos they put in last time were a 2 and a 3 (average and below average) and reassured me again that my frozen little popsicle is a 5BB, which means much better quality that the other two) and he was optimistic about this cycle. He said the lining looked good and I had a beautiful uterus. I didn't know what to say so being my polite southern and sometimes awkward self, I said "Thank you". Then thought why did I just thank him for that? He smiled and ignored the comment. Yes, he had the magic wand up "there" and I was the one who made it awkward.


I go back in 2 weeks to check lining.

No comments:

Post a Comment