Friday, July 1, 2011

The Best Thing in the World....

Most rewarding experience, will change your life, you will know what "real unconditional love" is.

All these sayings make me want to vomit. I don't doubt they are true feeling for those becoming a parent but they are so cliche' and nauseating to hear every time someone gets pregnant. I am not sure if people use them as verbal filler or they really think that the person doesn't know their life if about to change so they feel the need to let them in on this "secret".

If I ever have a child of my own through birth or adoption, I will probably think these things but will never utter them out loud. Some more appropriate things for me would be:






  • I hope the baby is healthy




  • I hope the child is emotionally stable (only one crazy in this family and I got years on you kid!)




  • I hope the child doesn't disappoint me (this is a big one. After all the build up, I will have HIGH expectations for any child of mine)




  • I hope the child doesn't grow up to be a serial killer (Josh makes me watch too many shows on serial killers so now this has been added to my fears. I mean could you imagine being the mother of some kind of monster like Manson or The Zodiac Killer)




  • I hope the kid isn't stupid (we've all seen those kids, ya know the ones where you think man, I hope you are going to be good lookin' b/c the smarts missed you!)




  • I hope the kid isn't ugly (aw yes, the ugly baby. Don't judge me, you have seen the babies that hit every branch of the ugly tree on the way out of the vagina)


I OBVIOUSLY don't have a child so I don't know if it really is the BEST THING IN THE WORLD, so to me the BEST FEELING EVER IN THE WORLD, is laying on a beach drinking a pina colada in Mexico and not having a worry or care in the world.





1 comment:

  1. Drinking a pina colada on the beach sounds pretty wonderful! You know, I honestly feel bad for people who don't know unconditional love until parenthood; it means they missed out on so much the first 20-30 years of life. That is a LONG time to not feel "real" love. For me, I had a happy childhood with two wonderful parents which gave me the foundation I needed to make good choices and find a great man like Kenny, who gives me unconditional love daily. Also, all my friends(like you and Josh) love me for nothing in return; which is real uncointional love. And for me, I also have the religious aspect for unconditional love. There is unconditional love all around; I truly believe that. And I feel sorry for people who let 25+ years go by without feeling it.

    ReplyDelete