Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Angry Blog

Josh and I went in yesterday for what the doctor and his staff refer to as "Patient Education". The nurse went over meds and then showed us how to mix the meds and shoot me. (OUCH) This was all very overwhelming and I was in tears at one point. The nurse asked if we already had certain meds to start the next day. No one had told us anything about meds except to come in for this patient education. Then she asked us if we had filled out forms. Um no, we haven't been given any forms. I was glad Josh was with me because he took the bull by the horns and asked to talk to the Doctor. I was just sitting there, big old tears starting to form from my frustration.

The Doctor comes in and was a little brusque with us, which upset me even more. When we started asking questions, he said "we went over all of this in the consultation". If I wasn't so upset, I would have said something along the lines of "you never told me to order this first round of meds in the consultaion. You never told us about these release forms and the IVF folder we should have received but you sure took the check last week from us" But I didn't say anything. I just sat there fighting back tears. Josh told me later, "we are spending a lot of money for this, so anytime I have a questions, I expect it to be answered". Honestly, I am completely turned off by this particular Doctor and now prefer this partner perform the procedure. This guy did inform me (with his excellent bedside manner) that this is a very aggressive protocol and in his own words "this is it". Really? THANKS ASSHOLE.

So the Doctor leaves to go wipe his butt with our money no doubt and the nurse continues the training and she sends off the order form for all the meds. This all could have done when I was there last Monday for my trial transfer and then we could have ordered meds then and I would already have them to start today (yes I take my first injection tonight when I get home). But since they waited until the last minute, I had to drive all the way to Euless last night to get medication from the only pharmacy around that carries it. OH! It gets better. I paid $50 more for each injection than I would if I could have ordered them a week ago. And I had to get 4 injections so they made us spend $200 more than we needed to because they dont' have all their ducks in a row.

I may come across as angry and I don't mean to but I am not at all happy with my experience with these people so far. I am spending a LOT of money with them and I do not feel like I am getting quality service from the physicians at all. They act like we should know what to do. HOW WOULD WE? We have never done this before. I have no problems at all with the office staff. They have been extremely nice and helpful. But I have an issue with a physician who acts like I am annoying him when I ask a question.

And the worst part is that because of this stress, Josh and I had a fight. I don't want this to cause problems between us but it has and it probably will again before it is all said and done. We are both BEYOND frustrated with this whole stinkin' process. We just need to stick together, which we will but I swear IVF is the most frustrating and horrible process I have ever gone through....and I haven't even taken the first shot yet. God Help Us All.

No comments:

Post a Comment