Saturday, October 3, 2009

I have officially been taken off bed rest.

This morning was my second blood test to check and make sure my HCG levels are rising/doubling. I went and let them stick me for blood for what I hoped would be the last time and then went on my way home for more couch laying.


The nurse called me around noon to let me know that my levels had jumped from 19 to 55 in 48 hours! I said "that is good, right?"and she said "Yes, but Dr. Le would like you to come back in for one more blood test on Monday since the number is so low". So my next and hopefully last blood test will be on Monday at 11. I then inquired about being taken off bed rest before I go insane and she asked the Dr and he said it was fine to go back to work and do light activities. YAY! I am spotting on and off over yesterday and today but that does not freak me out as much as the bleeding this past week did. It does annoy me because right when I think I am done spotting, it shows up again. But this looks like old blood (brown) so that isn't necessarily a bad thing.



I have been reading everything I can find on HCG levels and almost everything I have read says that it isn't what the individual numbers are, but that they double that matters. One possible explanation for my number being so low is that the little embryo didn't implant until later than anticipated so my levels are just now starting to get where they should be. Who knows. I could drive myself crazy reading the different scenarios that could play out for us. So my stance on all of this right now is "cautiously optimistic". Please continue prayers/thoughts that my number keeps rising/doubling as it should.

2 comments:

  1. Thinking about you today and hoping those numbers are growing strong!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it is a small world! CRAZY!
    I hope everything is ok?!

    ReplyDelete