Friday, October 2, 2009

Day 5 of bed rest - CUCKOO CUCKOO!

I am going crazy y'all! I get up every morning and move to the couch and there I lay until time to go to the bedroom to go to bed. I get up to go potty and literally that is it. My mom has been here taking care of me. I have tried to get up just to do little things like get my own water or feed the cat but then she fusses at me so off I go back to my couch prison. Oh and the best part, on the news they keep saying what a nice day it is and to get out there and enjoy it. Rub it in a little more Finfrock! :)
Well I had my blood test yesterday and the nurse called around 4 to tell me the results came back at a 19.

I then asked "OK so what does that mean?"

She said "Anything over a 5 if positive (my heart started to flutter as I got so excited, but then the floor fell out from under me with her next sentence). But we should expect you to at least be at 100 in this stage so you will have to come back on Saturday for another blood test to see if your HCG levels are doubling like they should be"

IN OTHER WORDS, WE STILL DON'T KNOW ANYTHING DIFFERENT!

I asked her what this could be. She said it could be a chemical pregnancy, it could be I miscarried one, it could be that the embryos didn't implant until later, or some left over HCG in my blood stream from my release shot.....

I have an appointment at 9 tomorrow to get blood drawn and then they tell me we should know for sure tomorrow what is going on. (I hope so!)

The bleeding seems to have stopped and I am now only spotting very little when I go potty. So who knows if that was something weird my body is doing or my period. It didn't really seem like a normal period but I have been all jacked up on hormones for so long, my body probably wouldn't have a normal period.

I have been on fertility forums and websites (what else do I have to do?) and I have read about women who had a very low baseline number but then went on to have normal pregnancies. I have also read about women who bled and thought they got their period but then 9 months later gave birth to a healthy baby. So there is just NO TELLING. All I can do is wait and give it up to God. (Which I should have done a week ago but I have a hard time letting go of things, even when I have no control over them)

No comments:

Post a Comment