Friday, June 18, 2010

The Fat Girl's Nemesis - THE GYM

So I finally got my butt back to the gym last night. It's funny b/c the anticipation is much worse than actually going. And I know that if I can just force myself to go that first time, I will actually enjoy it and start to get back in the routine. It is getting there that is the problem.

All day yesterday I kept thinking about how much I loathe the gym, how hot it is outside, how I have 10,000 other things I need to get done, how I wish I had gotten up early and gone before work and how I should just wait and start Monday. Anything and everything to talk myself out of going.

Then 4:30 came and it was go time. I dragged myself out of the sweet bliss of air conditioning in my office to get into a STEAMING 100+ hot car. I drove to the gym still debating in my head if I should go, my legs sticking to the hot seats (rethinking the decision to get leather seats in a black car in Texas). I am not going to lie, I pulled in and sat in my car thinking "I don't wanna" I was throwing a little girl fit in my head, pouting and all. But the "mature" side of my brain was saying "just go in and do it. You will fill tons better and will actually enjoy it" My immature side of the brain was now sticking its tongue out at the mature side. As in most cases, the mature side won and I went in and did 35 minutes on the elliptical. And just like my mom normally is, the mature side was right. I did enjoy it and I had tons of energy after to go to the store and get other things done around the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment