Thursday, September 17, 2009

8 is enough

The retrieval went awesome yesterday. At my last appointment, they were saying we are hoping for maybe 5 eggs. Well lo and behold, they got 8 out of me yesterday! I guess the other three just got excited and decided to catch up to the bigger ones. They all want to be our babies!!! Dr Le was extremely excited that they got 8 out of me. He pretty much said he was amazed and it was a miracle and told us to keep praying b/c it looks like it is working.

The retrieval was really quick and the part I was most scared about was the anesthesia. Which ended up being my favorite part. (After all, I love to sleep). I can't remember what I dreamt about but I do know that when they woke me up, I told them I dreamt about Edward. I am sure the nurse thought "isn't her husband's name Josh?" What I meant was I dreamt about Twilight and I told her that so she didn't think I was dreaming about some other dude. Hehehe

Mom and Josh went with me and Dr. Le told them it is always good luck when they bring the mother and in this case, it definitely was!

I am back at work today and still have a little cramping when I get up or sit down but for the most part, I feel great and am so excited to have the retrieval behind me.

I just received my first update on the lil guys and out of the 8 they took out, 7 were mature enough to fertilize and 5 of them fertilized. They will definitely put them back in on Monday and I will get my next update on Saturday and can't wait!

I also would like to thank EVERYONE for their thoughts and support. I really have the best friends a person could ask for (tear). Your encourgement, strength, and help through this has made me really feel special. And I know you will give our baby(ies) the same type of treatment, if not more.

2 comments:

  1. This is legen.......wait for it.....dary.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT NEWS! I can't wait till next Saturday! This is so cool. We will keep up the prayers :)

    ReplyDelete