Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I Love Saturday! (remember that Erasure song?)

Just got back to work from my appointment and they took my blood again and did another sonogram. All of my little baby follicles are growing so well and right on track. I am to continue taking the injections and I go back on Thursday for more blood work and another sonogram, then it looks like Saturday is the retrieval day. I am super stoked about this since I won't have to take that day off work. Dr. Le said I will do in very early (around 7 or 7:30) and the procedure only takes about 20 minutes. I will be under anesthesia but after I come out, I will be able to walk out of the office. Not even a wheelchair.

Four things I would like to tell you:

1. I have not been a bitch on the meds. (at least I do not think I have, you may need to ask Josh) I am completely surprised by this. There have been a few instances when I have gotten aggravated but when that has happened I get my book, go in the bedroom and read until it passes. Or there was one issue with water pressure but it passed relatively quickly. This is not near as bad as Clomid which made me yell at my husband for bringing the wrong soda home.

2. I am utterly sick of needles and injections. I have been getting injections in my belly from Nurse Laura and Dr. Josh for a while now but it does not make it any easier. Every time they are about to inject me, I start to breathe like I would imagine I would in Lamaze class and close my eyes tight.

3. I am very grateful to have Josh and Laura to give me the injections. They are both doing a GREAT job though and I can't thank them enough because God knows, I would not be able to do it on my own.

4. I am really excited and happy about how everything is going. I am not a nervous wreck like I was with IUI and when we first started IVF. I can't foresee the future, I can't tell you I will have a baby this time next year. But I can tell you that I have a really good feeling about this, that I am happy to have Josh by my side, I am happy to have my friends and family, and I am happy to be me and know that I am doing all I can in my power to make this happen.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you Kelley and for Josh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH!! i am glad that things are progressing well!! you guys rock and i love you both tremendously!!! =)*

    ReplyDelete