Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Meet the lucky ones.

Here is the picture of the two luckiest embryos in the world! (well in Josh's and my world).

The transfer went great and we found out yesterday that we have one extra that froze beautifully. (I have always wanted to try something that freezes beautifully) For those who don't get it, that is a Steel Magnolias quote! :) Two of the little guys quit growing the day before the transfer but one is better than none as a back up! I really don't think we will even need it. But it is good to have a tiny bit of insurance. I am happy to get the three in the end since Dr. Le was concerned about getting one out in the beginning! I tripled his expectations!

The transfer was bizarre and exciting. I went into this small exam room and was told to do the normal (undress from waist down and put sheet over me) Then the embryologist came in and brought us the picture of the little embryos. Then more waiting! Finally Dr. Le came in and performed a quick trial transfer just to be sure he could get past my cervix easily. Then this other door opened and burst of cold air came flooding into the room. And in walks the embryologist with my little embryos in a catheter (almost in slow motion). Behind her I could see all this crazy science stuff. It looked like a bunch of cryogenic freezers for midgets back there since all the little chambers were so short. Then Dr Le put the embryos into my awaiting belly with a catheter and that was it. He said he really thought this would work, shook both mine and Josh's hands and said Good Luck. I had to lay down for 30 minutes so Josh went and got my mom from waiting room and we hung out in the room until the nurse came to get me with a wheelchair and wheeled my out to the car where I climbed in the back and laid down all the way home.

So now we wait. I go in on Oct 1st and then back on the 3rd to find out if I am pregnant. The next week and a half is going to be the longest of my life but I plan on keeping pretty busy at work and on the weekends so hopefully it will fly by.

This is my favorite time of the year with the cooler weather, the fair and haunted houses, so we will have tons of things to do to keep my mind off of the slowly ticking clock. Please keep up the prayers!

Also, if you could please add my friend, Angela's Papaw into your prayer list and positive thoughts, I would really appreciate it. He just found out that he is not eligible for a lung transplant b/c he has a heart condition which requires a stint and they gave him 6 months to live. We all know the power of prayer works for many things and people so please keep him and his family in your thoughts and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment