Thursday, September 10, 2009

I feel like I am being drained by a Vampire (and not in the sexy True Blood way)

I had to get more blood drawn today and another sonogram. My right arm is all different colors from the needles! Not to mention the bruises I have on my tummy from the three injections a day I have been getting. I look like Eric Northman had a go at me. (Shout out to all the True Blood Fans!)




But back to my appointment, the Dr came in and looked at my follicles and they are maturing but not that the rate he would like for me to have the retrieval on Saturday. So, he ordered me to get more meds (which in turn means, more $$) and then my retrieval now is tentatively scheduled for Monday or Tuesday but more than likely Tuesday. This isn't necessarily bad news but it really hit me the wrong way once I got out of the office. It makes me feel like even on meds my body isn't working properly. My eggs should be matured and ready to go by now and since they are a little behind, it makes me feel bad or like I need to do more to get them to grow, which I know I can't. I just feel helpless.




But enough pity party for me today. I am not a very patient person. (I am sure some of you are thinking "the hell you say...") but yes, it is true, patience is a virtue I have lacked most of my life. I have to think this is God's way of teaching me patience and strength.




I have another appointment on Saturday to check my follicles and I am sure, more blood drawn. I will update you as soon as we find out when the retrieval will be.

2 comments:

  1. Once again that is good stuff!!!! Maybe we should talk to the follicles, or read to them. Like a plant they say if you talk to them they will grow???? I don't know????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try not to stess! (I know much, much easier said than done!) The less anxiety you have, the more prepared your body will be! Love you!

    ReplyDelete